Tuesday, February 10, 2009

God Whispering In My Ear

"Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth, would care to know my name, would care to feel my hurt?" Casting Crowns is my FAVORITE band. I absolutely love them. Their songs grab my heart and turn it upside down, inside out and every which way but loose. Their songs speak to me as if it was God whispering in my ear. That's a pretty strong statement, but an honest one. Of all the songs that Casting Crowns sings, "Who Am I" seemed the most appropriate for my blog.


Why would the Maker of Heaven want to know anything about me? Why would He care to listen to me when I pray? Why would He even consider blessing me with such an amazing Christian family (I'm not referring to the DNA kind)? Those are a few of a million questions that I have and I'm sure I'm not the only one.


It all goes back to the God chose me....I didn't choose Him, at least not at first. I chose my way, my friends, my boyfriend, everything except Him. What amazes me every day is that He does care to know my name, He cares to know my hopes, dreams, successes, failures, hurts and how many hairs I have on my head....Keeping up with that is a full time job by itself because I lose enough hair to make a wig every day.


God knows my name, He feels my hurt, He holds all of my tears in His hand. In spite of the vast number of my imperfections, He still wants to be with me. He still loves me. Wow. Who am I that the Lord of ALL the earth would care to know my name? I am His child... An heir to His kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. I have really enjoyed reading your blogs. The only request I have is that you tone it down a little. There is too much pressure between you and Shelly to do a good job!!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete