The following was a list I posted on my Facebook page. I thought it was worth repeating so people who aren't on Facebook could see what I have to say....I've also added a few more lines to it because there were only supposed to be 25 things.
1. My dad was wrong....You can't ALWAYS have what you want, no matter how much you want it.
2. There is NO ONE ANYWHERE IN THIS WORLD that will EVER come CLOSE to taking Dori Jones' place in my life!
3. Family doesn't necessarily mean you have a DNA connection.
4. There will always be someone out there that is smarter, a better mother, better cook or better friend.
5. Most of the self centered people I know do not have a relationship with God.
6. No matter how much I may plot and plan against someone who has wronged me, God can always get them better than I ever could.
7. A TRUE BEST FRIEND gathers her husband, brother and brother's friend to move you on an hour's notice and she'll also call you out in a not so nice way when you are messing up.
8. Having a child means your heart walks around outside of your body.
9. Not all fathers are dads and not all dads are fathers (Thank you, Jeff).
10. That I CAN make a decision without consulting my family and friends, but I CAN'T without consulting my Heavenly Father.
11. Nothing is better when you first wake up than a good, hot cup of coffee.
12. People come and go from your life and each and every one of them served a purpose or filled a need. Thank you to each and everyone of them.
13. You can pray and pray for someone or something and God will always hear your prayers, but He may not answer them the way you wanted or in the time frame you have set.
14. Perfectionism is a sin and it's destructive.
15. Not all people will accept responsibility for their actions and will continue blaming someone else or something else their whole lives....Those people will never find happiness until they acknowledge their situation is THEIR fault. After that, healing and restoration begins.
16. At some point in life, you have to stop blaming your adulthood on your childhood.
17. The best parenting advice I ever received was from listening to Mark Sutton's sermons and without him, I would still be clueless!
18. You can't hold a person's past against them when their has been a clear change in their present.
19. I never understood God's love until I had a child.
20. There will never be anyone who can replace my grandfather....EVER.
21. There will always be gossips and nosy people.
22. Happiness comes from a relationship with Christ, not a relationship with a person.
23. Negativity is all around and it is almost IMPOSSIBLE for me not to fall into that trap.
24. Not everyone is judgemental!
25. That God is my Father, my Friend and He FORGIVES ME (and you too) for EVERYTHING. We just have to ask.
26. To forgive someone (even if that person has never asked for it) is the most liberating thing you can do...Not only because it is required by God, but because it is the most freeing thing you can do for yourself.
27. One of the most wonderful relaxing things in the world is listening to good music!
28. There are many people who will call themselves your best friend, but there are very FEW that prove it.
29. God is amazing and wonderful and He loves ME!!!
30. When God starts the pruning process, it is so hard to see where it will leave you, but after having gone through it recently, I have received far more than I lost! God is so awesome!
31. I CAN make a difference. I can't save the world and I can't really try, but I can save one person at a time as God gives me the opportunity.
32. Complaining is a HARD habit to break.
33. I want to be fully consumed by God and I want the same for Savannah.
34. There are a handful of people that come through your life and turn it upside down....Some are good and some are not, but both teach you a lot about life and a lot about yourself.
35. Eventually, God answers prayers, not always the way I want them answered, but He does answer them....I think He just gets tired of listening to me and wants me to shut up...No comment needed Chrissie Lynne.
This is my first blog post, but I'm sure there will be more to come as time and having something to say dictate....Thank you and drive thru.
Yeah! I'm glad you entered into the Bloggy World! Lookin forward to your post!
ReplyDeleteFINALLY! The unsinkable Ashlee Bullock enters the blogosphere! Best Wishes and have fun!
ReplyDelete