It's remarkable the stupid things that infuriate me and when I say stupid, I am not kidding. "I WILL NOT let this defeat me!" I told Dori this morning. Seriously? I am in a war with wallpaper? Yep. I sure am. Wanna know how it is going? The wallpaper is winning. Care to know why? Because I am letting it. Sound stupid? It is.
It's all about an inanimate object gaining control over me...Something that will not matter in six months...Most likely Dori and I will be laughing about it by then, but right now, there is NOTHING funny about it. That's kind of like most of the things that get us stressed, mad, or wreck our days. There's nothing funny about it then, but in a few days or weeks, we laugh at how stupid it was or can't even remember what made us so angry.
There's a lesson there....One that I'm too slow to get because I keep repeating the same lesson over and over and over and well, you get the point. God is using wallpaper to show me something today. I'm getting angry about wallpaper not cooperating...Sounds very adult like doesn't it? Not really. It's God telling me, slow down, it will get done and you need to enjoy this. Enjoy putting wallpaper up? God has a sense of humor...I firmly believe that.
So why should I enjoy putting up wallpaper? I'm GLAD you asked.
Today, I'm going to be thankful that I have a bedroom in a home to decorate for a child that doctors said would never exist. A beautiful, bright, healthy and happy child. One who thinks the most awesome thing in the world is that her Mommy is making her room pretty by putting up a pink, fuchsia and lime green border around the top of the wall. The child I'd cried many tears over because she would never be here. So instead of treating wallpaper like a chore, I'm going to treat it like it's a blessing...While the wallpaper itself is not the blessing, the precious four year old who picked it out most certainly is.
Yesterday, I mentioned that God answered my prayers in His time and that the blessing was far greater than I had ever dreamed. Today He showed me that HE is greater than my wildest dreams. So if you're wondering, NO, the wallpaper will not defeat me. It will be done. Not today like I planned, maybe not tomorrow either, but it will be done. Instead, I'm going to sing a little song, say thank you for the blessing of Savannah and take my time....One day, I'll wish that I had this day back and the sweet little four year old so I could decorate a room to make her smile. Every day, in the smallest little ways, God shows us glimpses of Himself. Sometimes that glimpse is even in wallpaper paper borders and temper tantrums.
I love it, Ashlee! Very well said. This is a lesson we all could use. My problem may not be wallpaper. It is usually a computer or some other technology device. They are possessed until Jeff touches them. I love the song and the graphics, too!
ReplyDeleteVery well said, Ashlee - a lesson we all need to hear, I'm sure! My problem may not be with wallpaper, but needed nonetheless. It is usually some technology device. They are possessed unless Jeff touches them. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAnother GREAT one! Love it! My wallpaper is the Tax Office - HAHAH :)
ReplyDelete